My Blog

I have created this blog to record all the stages of my AS Media Foundation Production.

18 October 2010

College Magazine Cover


For my college magazine cover, I decided to name it 'LEVeL' and it means A-Level. My product is a monthly magazine and it is a January Issue which is aiming the female demographic. I coloured the title in pink because pink is always associated to female and I added some dropped shadow to it because it appeals more to the audiences. There is a catchy slogan below the title which is 'your level your choice' and this idea comes from A-Level students who choose to read my magazine. The subjective gaze from the cover girl would be appeal to the audiences because subjective gaze always builds communications between them. I have decided to use sans serif fonts and also serif fonts because serif fonts give audiences the impression of professional, however the sans serif fonts give audiences the impression of modern and relax. Serif fonts are used for my 'university' topic and 'fashion' topic because these will give the audiences the professional and reliable about these topics. On the other hand, sans serif fonts are used for my 'cover story', 'music' and 'trips' because these topics are relaxing and modern. The 'cover story' is reliable but I decided to put it into sans serif fonts because I think it would creates more attention to the audiences. I chose different colours to put on my cover page, such as yellow, red white and pink. It is because yellow and red are the colours that attack audiences' eyes and white gives the impression of professional, and the pink is borrow form the girl's cheek.
I concerned about the layout of my cover page because the audiences' eyes would follow where the texts are.

No comments:

Post a Comment