My Blog

I have created this blog to record all the stages of my AS Media Foundation Production.

13 January 2011

Evaluation question 3

The distributor of my music magazine has to be a big company who has the financial resources and opportunities to advertise my magazine to my magazine's demographic. Because of this, I would be more likely to use a leading distributor/publisher, such as IPC media company. IPC produces over 60 iconic media brands and almost 26 million UK adults read their prints, and their websites collectively reach over 14 million users every month. I found this is an appropriate publisher for my music magazine and I could use its distributor, MarketForce.

I think this decision would be a right choice because there isn't any similar product that IPC carries and my magazine would be fresh and new for them as well as the distributor. Although IPC carries a music magazine called NME, it is a typical male's music magazine. However, my magazine brings out different cultures and it is an interesting feature. NME has become a multi-platform media proposition. across prints, internet, television, radio and etc. It reaches over one million fans every week world wide, including Japan. My magazine and NME could advertise each other because NME could attract foreign readers, then my magazine could also attract British audiences through advertisement in NME.

My magazine would be quite similar to NME institutionally and my magazine could be advertised on TV, radio and other IPC products to increase its exposure to young audiences. It could be marketed using simple techniques such as a free CD and music downloads vouchers. It could then be sold in places such as WH Smith, supermarkets and newsagents, even in HMV and a download version on iTunes, even it could be an app which is sold on iTunes.

My magazine is targeting young audiences who like pop music and foreign culture, specially Japanese culture. This specific target audience has not been targeted before. My product will be a completely fresh product in the market.

No comments:

Post a Comment