My Blog

I have created this blog to record all the stages of my AS Media Foundation Production.

14 January 2011

Evaluation Question 6

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

This is a screenshot of my coverpage on Photoshop and it is just to display the tools and features surrounding the main canvas. This includes the most useful tools at the left hand side, the layer panel and the colour panel at the right hand side. Before this project, i had only used photoshop a few times and I did not know half of its functions. Now, I have learnt to use all the features and tools to access an editing project and I have found each of the tools are helpful in different ways.
Being able to use modern technology to produce a media product instead of traditional way is an advantage of saving time because modern technology allows you to do and edit things immediately and if you want to add something, you only have to copy and paste it onto your work. Here is another screenshot of my contents page in Photoshop. It was taken of the finished product and there are still some ruler lines on top of my contents page to help me judge the correct columns and gutters. I found this useful because it helps me to line up my coverlines a lot easier and quicker. And this is an example of convenient and an advantage of using modern technology. If it was a paper copy it would be much more difficult to line up my coverlines, I would have to draw ruler lines by hand.

Here is also a screenshot of my double page spread being edited on Photoshop. The masthead is editing by using the blending option tool where you can add strokes, shadows and etc. to texts. I learnt to add strokes by using this tool where you just have to tick one box then Photoshop will do it to you. If I had made this in a traditional way then I would have to draw the stroke by hand and I couldn't edit it immediately. Also, to do this work by drawing would be a disadvantage for me because I can't draw at all and it would become a lot more difficult.

This is a logo of dafont.com where inspirations of my fonts come from. I have chosen quite a lot of fonts from this website and I have this helpful because there isn't many different fonts on Photoshop and I managed to copy and paste some fonts onto Photoshop. This is the most helpful website for doing this project because without technology, I wouldn't be able to use different fonts for my magazine.
This is a logo of flickr where I upload some pictures of my progress for this project. I haven't been using flickr before this project and I had the chance to use this website for this project which an advantage to gain multi-tasking techniques. I found this useful because you can add captions, tags and notes onto your uploaded images and share those photos immediately onto your blog, facebook and other media platforms.


Here is another logo of Blogger which I used a lot for this project where I posted all my planning tasks and final works onto this site. I had some experiences with blogs before, however, I still found Blogger is harder to use whereas the layout is hard to adjust, specially uploading pictures. I found it makes the project a lot easier than doing it in traditional way because I don't have to write or draw things by hand and it is an advantage of using modern technology.

Throughout this project, I gained a lot of new techniques for editing photographs by using photoshop, adding notes on images by using flickr, sharing information by using Blogger. I prefer doing projects via technology than traditional way because technology makes the progress a lot quicker and easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment